Skip to main content

The Book Full of Version 2.0s!




It's only been a year since I started reading books. It used to be really difficult for me to stick to a book, rather stick to a story for too long. Last year when I randomly selected books that were of my interests and started reading them was when I realised why I couldn't read properly all this while. Since then, I don't go looking for the popular authors, the most recommended books or the fancy covers. I only pick up a book if it is relatable enough or if I want to explore a new topic given in that book. Of course, not all of them are always a good decision, but I'm happy at least I'm able to finish them.


Recently I came across a book fair while I was roaming around aimlessly in one of the lanes in my city. I came across this book called: Life Lessons from Remarkable Women, tales of triumph, failure, and learning to love yourself. What struck me was the latter part. The book has been given a feminine layout and highlights the little things that need to be read. These are tales of 25 women talking about 25 different challenges they faced and how each one grew beautifully out of each problem.

It's overflowing with inspiration, motivation, the right words and so much more. It doesn't tell you what you need to do, or what you don't need to. It just tells you to be YOU, and to put your honest self forward, always. It tells you how you're allowed to have two or more versions of yourself unapologetically. I love how all these women have not just put light on the version 2.0s of themselves, but have also described the experiences that drove them towards being the truest version of themselves. Before I start telling you about each story in detail and eliminate the slightest possibility of you reading the book, let me sum it up in five little reasons why people like you and I should read this book.

Here are 5 things I loved about this book:

1) I completed it in a day's time.

2) I appreciate the publishers for including a story of a Transgender who wants to be a woman, but has lived half of his life getting suffocated in a body of a man. It's truly an eye-opening story that must be read. We need more such stories to be told.

3) It twists the idea of the most used terms (beauty, duty, success, priority, etc) and shows you a different side of each one of them.

4) As a human, we all need to have self-love (actually much more than we know) and this book will give you a glimpse of how self love can be practiced. It's not a self love guide, but you will surely want to love yourself a little more.

5) You don't need to read all 25 lessons. You can pick between the lessons you're most driven towards. I didn't read one or two chapters because I didn't think I was ready for them. Basically, the 25 short stories give you the liberty to read what you want and whenever you want.


Next one I'm going to read is from the same book fair. I hope I complete it. It's called: Struck By Genius. It's a story about a person whose brain injury made him a mathematical marvel. Will it be interesting enough? Let's see.

Just in case you read this book until my next blog comes, let me know how you find it.


Happy Reading :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Offline luxury

     It’s quite difficult to keep the thought traffic in control. With a constantly buzzing cell phone in hand, I often forget what I was thinking about and keep scrolling up and down my screen. To get a way out of the buzz, I simply turn off my internet while I am outdoors.          Believe me, my mind suddenly gets a breathing space. Out of all the time spent outside, I make sure at least 30% is given to myself where I can sit somewhere or walk somewhere alone. When I share this with anybody, they say, “ Why alone? You could have called me. I would come with you.” Then I say in my mind, “ That’s what I don’t want. I don’t want you to come and disturb me”. This sounds selfish, but I really can’t help it because I’ve grown into it. I am a single child. I’ve always played alone at home with my dolls.  My childhood was not surrounded by too many friends or cousins unlike the present. I love to be alone and being alone has never made me feel lonely.      The reason behind being

In company of a Rose..

Image Courtesy: www.bhg.com A symbol of love and a common element across Valentine’s Day wallpapers; A rose may have given life to many love stories in this way. But this is not in any mushy context. I’m specifically talking about a rose I received when I was least expecting it. I looked closely at it, brushed those soft petals over my palm, and thought to myself: If I had a chance, I would shrink myself into a miniature version of me and take a nap inside it. It was a hot summer afternoon. It had only been 8 days since my internship started. I was rushing to office. Heat and traffic were in good coordination. It looked like they had planned this in advance. It was starting to look like a bad day, and a bad hair day in addition. I reached office. I signed the register and wrote my not-so-ideal entry time with some shame on my face. As I was about to enter the office, the clerk at the reception handed over a rose and a chocolate saying, “Happy Women’s Day”. I replied with a

Perks of Having Nothing To Do

Note: This is a 'straight out of my heart' blog like all my other ones, but I didn't feel like reading it before pressing the 'publish' button. Keeping it real, raw, and simple. Past six months, I have spent most of my time at home because I was extremely sick. During the day, I was either sleeping or thinking whether to sleep less in order to balance my sleep at night. I didn't have enough energy to watch a 5 minute YouTube video till the end. You may wonder what sickness was this. For now, I would like to keep it personal. Because I'm not here to rant. I just want to talk about the fun part of being sick. People suggested I should watch series on Prime and Netflix. I pushed myself and completed a few seasons of Suits. I went ahead and watched 'This is Us' which was emotionally heavy for me. Ohh! And how can I forget 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel'. But it was all mentally tiring. I read three books: Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck, Dolla