Skip to main content

Just Chilling With Michelle Obama #NotABookReview




Yes. It's not a book review. It's about how I felt when I was reading her book: Becoming. Firstly, I'm not someone who has read many books. The number of books I've read cover to cover, I can count them on my fingers. I can say this one is my favorite amongst them.

I've always been fond of this lady and her beau turned husband. One of my friends even texted Barack Obama on Instagram to request him to wish me on my birthday. Can you believe it? Of course, he didn't reply. He has much greater and better things to do. I have stalked this couple enough to scroll down till the end of their social media pages to read each caption under every photo, just to know them better. I remember watching the former President Obama on TV cry when he found out about gun violence in one of the states in the U.S. I have watched this couple in their individual appearances on the Ellen Show. Also, YouTube videos of Obama getting burgers and fries for the people in the White House. In December 2018, he went to a children's hospital for Christmas wearing a Santa hat. It melted my heart seeing the children react to his surprise. I hadn't seen or read much about the former first lady, Michelle, even though I highly admired her.

So when this much awaited book, Becoming, came home, I just kept looking at its cover where Michelle Obama is looking at us and smiling. I was looking for her White House experience. I wanted to know what she had studied and her life before Barack Obama and with Barack Obama. And of course how she met the father of her two beautiful daughters. Not only did I get my answers, but also came to know about the multiple layers this woman carries under her skin. She has expressed the tiniest of her feelings whether at the top of her mind or from the back of her mind during the eight years of being in the White House.

It shows what happens when two ordinary people with extraordinary missions enter the world of politics. How life is behind the media curtains. It showcases how it feels to be under constant watch of the world. It demonstrates through her words about the emotional turbulence at every curve of life. Above all, it tells the story of a woman who has grown up into an Icon, yet so warm inside.

So this book was always lying somewhere in the house. When I was not reading it, I kept it somewhere near me so that I can just pick it up and start reading if I'm missing Michelle. I respect her a lot to call her by her first name already. But she is so relatable and has brought herself so close to someone half her age, she's my friend now, only in my mind, but why not. I still reread the parts that I love just to live through it all again with her. It felt like someone as great as her was talking to me everyday. She was with me all the time when I was at home.
I'm someone who used to be shy and nervous before giving presentations in the classroom, and this lady had to address the nation in her speeches. She has told all about her thoughts before the speech, also has given a glimpse of some of her speeches. Me being me, went and tallied them with her speech videos on YouTube to experience them in her voice.

When I was not able to sleep at night, I picked up this book so that maybe I'd fall asleep reading it. But No, it kept me awake. It made my mom so happy that I'm finally reading a book with so much interest. It's the kind of fat book that got over before I knew and I regret calling it a fat book. I mean, now I want a Part 2 of the book. So greedy I've become. She has mentioned in a recent interview about her husband writing another book. Maybe I'll wait for it.

Till now I have had dreams, I've thought about my goals, but I never had an unachievable dream, but now I have one. And I guess you're guessing it right. I want to meet her in person. I just hope when she googles something, the web engines magically crawl into this blog and she at least knows about my dream.

Recently I've portrayed my high hopes in the blog. Even in my previous blog. I should seriously do something about it. But they're not harming anyone, so let it be. I don't know if Michelle Obama ever had high hopes, but if she had, they all have come true. She met Oprah Winfrey. She met the Queeeeen of England, and she even stayed for a day in Buckingham Palace. She's BFF with Ellen. I'm so happy for her. She's my friend now. I have to be happy for her.

This book is always going to be with me, so will Madame Michelle. I'll listen to her talk to me through her book while sipping Chai whenever I miss her. I don't want media to steal the essence of her personal life, but I would always want to know what she's doing in life. The good deeds that she'll be continuing with will always throw ripples of warmth and kindness across the world. So I'll know what she's doing.

I was waiting to write about her since so many days and I'm finally done.

Now you tell me about your unachievable dream. Let's have a #HighHopes Party.


Discover latest Indian Blogs




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Offline luxury

     It’s quite difficult to keep the thought traffic in control. With a constantly buzzing cell phone in hand, I often forget what I was thinking about and keep scrolling up and down my screen. To get a way out of the buzz, I simply turn off my internet while I am outdoors.          Believe me, my mind suddenly gets a breathing space. Out of all the time spent outside, I make sure at least 30% is given to myself where I can sit somewhere or walk somewhere alone. When I share this with anybody, they say, “ Why alone? You could have called me. I would come with you.” Then I say in my mind, “ That’s what I don’t want. I don’t want you to come and disturb me”. This sounds selfish, but I really can’t help it because I’ve grown into it. I am a single child. I’ve always played alone at home with my dolls.  My childhood was not surrounded by too many friends or cousins unlike the present. I love to be alone and being alone has never made me feel lonely.      The reason behind being

In company of a Rose..

Image Courtesy: www.bhg.com A symbol of love and a common element across Valentine’s Day wallpapers; A rose may have given life to many love stories in this way. But this is not in any mushy context. I’m specifically talking about a rose I received when I was least expecting it. I looked closely at it, brushed those soft petals over my palm, and thought to myself: If I had a chance, I would shrink myself into a miniature version of me and take a nap inside it. It was a hot summer afternoon. It had only been 8 days since my internship started. I was rushing to office. Heat and traffic were in good coordination. It looked like they had planned this in advance. It was starting to look like a bad day, and a bad hair day in addition. I reached office. I signed the register and wrote my not-so-ideal entry time with some shame on my face. As I was about to enter the office, the clerk at the reception handed over a rose and a chocolate saying, “Happy Women’s Day”. I replied with a

Perks of Having Nothing To Do

Note: This is a 'straight out of my heart' blog like all my other ones, but I didn't feel like reading it before pressing the 'publish' button. Keeping it real, raw, and simple. Past six months, I have spent most of my time at home because I was extremely sick. During the day, I was either sleeping or thinking whether to sleep less in order to balance my sleep at night. I didn't have enough energy to watch a 5 minute YouTube video till the end. You may wonder what sickness was this. For now, I would like to keep it personal. Because I'm not here to rant. I just want to talk about the fun part of being sick. People suggested I should watch series on Prime and Netflix. I pushed myself and completed a few seasons of Suits. I went ahead and watched 'This is Us' which was emotionally heavy for me. Ohh! And how can I forget 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel'. But it was all mentally tiring. I read three books: Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck, Dolla